Instructions detail how to register a database with information provided from ServiceLedger. You only need to perform this step once, unless you are moving to a new server. You should only perform this step with your intended database. Registering the demo database will not work when emptied.
- Start the registration program, you can start the registration program two different ways:
- Go to Start->Run and type:
- -OR- within ServiceLedger go to File-Registration Key
- Note the company name (Spelling and capitalization are important)
- Select the drop down arrow for Server MAC. Select the first address that begins with 00 or 01. If you received an error regarding xp_cmdshell when starting, and this drop down is empty, see:
- Note the server mac address
- Send an email with your exact company name and MAC address to email@example.com to have a registration key emailed back to you
- Once you receive your key, set Licensed Users and Server Licensed Users to the values provided in your key. Repeat for Web Licensed Techs and Exchange Users.
- Enter in your registration code into the registration field
- Click OK
- Now when you start the application, you should briefly see it registered to your company. Should you run into difficulties, use the Start->Run method of launching the registration program to double check your typed values