In its default mode, ServiceLedger communicates with TCP/IP which are protocols native to the internet. As such you have several options for setting up a remote office or home:
- Use a VPN such as Microsoft PPTP or IPSEC
- Connect the remote ServiceLedger directly to your server across the internet
- Provide a tunnel from the remote office to the SQL Server with a tool like SSH
- Use a ServiceLedger provided tool to bridge the gap for the ServiceLedger application
- Use ServiceLedger in a terminal server and provide access outside the LAN
- Use ServiceLedger with VNC, Norton PCAnywhere, Timbuktu or other remote control software
These instructions rely heavily on your ability to configure your network and firewall to accommodate the necessary network traffic. You must have a high skill level with your network, firewall(s), and internet connectivity configuration. ServiceLedger can not support your network as it requires skilled technicians to be on-site throughout the set up process. Because of this requirement, these instructions are provided as-is with no guarantee or warranty. Support can not answer questions about your network or otherwise help you configure it properly.