This error message is caused when the server's network name has been changed. To fix the error, please rename your server to the name provided during the installation of the server components. Microsoft SQL Server fails when the computer it is installed on is renamed. To successfully rename a machine running Microsoft SQL Server:
- Backup your databases (ServiceLedger is one of many thousands of applications that use MS SQL Server or MSDE, please consult all of your vendors for instructions to backup their databases). Back up the file to a safe location outside of the ServiceLedger directory which you will delete further down below. Instructions for backup are at: http://support.serviceledger.com/kb/Default.asp?ToDo=view&questId=4&catId=5
- Uninstall SQL Server from Add/Remove programs in your control panel. Again, ensure that all of your vendor's databases are backed up. It can also be called MSDE.
- Uninstall ServiceLedger from Add/Remove programs. Delete c:\Program Files\ ServiceLedger directory.
- Change the name of the machine, reboot when prompted
- Re-install MS SQL Server (or ServiceLedger Server components if using our MSDE)
- Install ServiceLedger Workstation if you did not install Server components
- Restore your database: http://support.serviceledger.com/kb/Default.asp?ToDo=view&questId=5&catId=5
Microsoft provides the following link to further explain: