Before using SMP files, you should backup your database as discussed at:
SMP Files are ServiceLedger map files. They are used to create saf files or streams for automation and imports. To use a SMP file:
- In ServiceLedger go to File->Import/Export->SAF Import/Export
- Click Load Map (If you receive an error here, you should check your connection setting specified on line 1 of the map)
- Click on the Import Results tab
- Click on Create SAF
- Select 0 for all records or 1-n for just testing a small number of records
- Click Save SAF file if you need a copy of the actions you are about to perform.
- Click Process Results
- You will receive a message when the import is complete.