The default setting for ServiceLedger when exporting invoices to QuickBooks is to simply mark the invoices internally as imported but leave the balance and “closed” status intact. This allows the user to still receive payments in ServiceLedger to export to QuickBooks at another time as well as track the account balance. For users that receive payments in QuickBooks and do not want to record them in ServiceLedger, you may change this default behavior. (The Canadian Version of the QB Link already uses this behavior by default)
To change this option follow the steps below:
- Go to QuickBooks > Miscellaneous > Utilities from the top menu.
- Once the QuickBooks Link launches, click on the Configuration tab.
- Find the Company Option quickbooks.mark_invoices_paid.
- Set the value to 1.
- Click in another row so the value will be saved.
- Exit the QB Link.
- You must restart ServiceLedger before the changes will take effect.
Once you have changed this option, all invoices exported to QuickBooks will be marked as ‘Paid’ and the balance will be zeroed out in ServiceLedger.