You cannot remove an account that has closed work orders or posted invoices. You can remove an account only if it has non-permanent history. If you created an account that has test work, then you an either merge it with another account of a similar nature until you reduce your test accounts to 1, and optionally inactivate that account. However, you can remove an account that you have not created permanent records for.
- Locate & open the account
- Go to the history tab
- For view type, select work orders (invoices or payments if necessary)
- Double click the work order in the embedded list view
- When it opens, click the X delete button on the work order window
- Click refresh on the embedded work order list view (not the account window)
- Repeat the last 3 steps until all work orders have been removed
- When all work orders are gone, click the X delete button on the account
The system does not delete work orders, invoices, payments, etc. automatically when deleting an account since it would unwind an audit trail. If the transactions are posted, you cannot delete the account, instead you must inactivate it.