*** OUTDATED -- PLEASE DO NOT USE ***
For Windows 8.1, there is a new viewer that has to be updated for users to email and print pdfs. Here are the simple instructions on how to get this to work.
- On the server (Other users do not have to logout if only using the update code), run the update "sl2013-report-beta"
- On the users computer, download the latest 32bit (even on 64 bit machines) stable release from the SAP website - http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824 (Currently Support Pack 10.) If there are many 8.1 machines, put this file on a network drive for easy access.
- Determine if the majority of the environment is 8.1 computers or not.
- If they are, you will want to change the global preferences for the settings below.
- If they aren't, you will want to create the opt files for that specific user on their computer.
- Set option 'company.external_report_viewer.enable' to '1'
- Set option 'company.external_report_viewer.name' option to 'ServiceLedger.Report.exe'
- Test by opening an invoice and emailing it (you don't need to actually send it), the invoice should appear in an external viewer.