This functionality is only available for ServiceLedger 2010 or higher.
If you are creating time entries and want the time entries to default to cost only, you need to set an option. You have the ability to overwrite the cost only flag for any time entry you would like to invoice, however by default all time entries will be recorded for cost only.
To set this option:
- Click on Administration | Administration and click on the Global Preferences tab.
- Click Add to add a global preference.
- Enter work_order.entry.is_cost_only.default and set value to 1.
- Click Save to save the global preference.
- Close and restart ServiceLedger after making these changes.
This global preference is incompatible with the 'work_order.tech_entry.hide_entry_items' preference.