This Article is obsolete for ServiceLedger Versions 188.8.131.52 and up. For these versions, please see (T0174)
By default, ServiceLedger will not allow you to change the item type of an item. This is because each item type defines the type of item and behavior of the item. For example, if you change a service agreement item to a labor item, all of your service agreements that references that item will create a problem. Changing item types are not recommended once you have started to use ServiceLedger and ServiceLedger Support is unable to support any support issues as a result of changing the item type.
Typically, the only time it is recommended to change the item type is after you have imported your items from your accounting system. By default, the item imported may have labor or part. In ServiceLedger you may want to change these items to equipment or service agreement items. If this is the case, follow the instructions below.
- Click on Administration | Administration to open the Administration Window.
- Simultaneously click on ALT and F8 keys to open Global Preferences Tab
- Search for the following global preference item.override.type_id.constraint.condition
- Change the value from 0 to 1 and click on another row to save it.
- Save changes and exit window.
Note: It is strongly recommended that you turn the feature back off after you have made the necessary changes. DO NOT CHANGE ANY ITEM TYPES OF ACTIVE EQUIPMENT AND/OR SERVICE PLANS THAT ARE REFERENCED BY ACTUAL EQUIPMENT AND/OR SERVICE AGREEMENT RECORDS. THIS WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS THAT SERVICELEDGER WILL BE UNABLE TO SUPPORT OR CORRECT FOR YOU.